Tuesday

Bravery borderline Crazy! or am I?

Most of my friends can attest that I am the type who tries to avoid conflict. However when time calls for desperate measures my ingenuity can definitely get me in trouble. It’s more common than not that when we are agitated, we tend to be more brave and I’m definitely a product of that flaw.

In the spirit of “confessions” I will share with you my brave tendencies. My ex boyfriend, let’s call him the soul-traveler, was a very earthy type of guy. He always amazed me about how much he knew about culture. He taught himself how to speak Spanish, he is well travelled, he listened to good music (the type that you normally won’t hear in the mainstream), and the list goes on. He was just that earthy, handsome guy, who did things uncommon from the average Joe. This also meant that he was charming, which we all know is a dangerous characteristic for your man to have.

5 months into the relationship I started noticing his behavior change. I wasn’t receiving the same attention and that bothered me. I didn’t accuse him of anything or ask him questions because like I said - I hate conflicts. So instead I went through his phoneJ. Please don’t try this at home unless you’re sure your skin is as thick as the Great Wall of China!

So there it was - some flirty text messages in his phone and for a while I didn’t know what to do with that information - So I kept it to myself and somehow distanced my feelings (inch by inch) from him. The next thing I knew, he was travelling more than before and in the spirit of being brave, I would often check his voicemail (-yes I got access to his voicemail from peeping over his shoulders for the password)

One day, after days of checking his voicemail for suspicious alerts, I finally got what I asked for - a voicemail from a girl from Canada talking about how much she misses him and when he’s going to visit her again? WTF? I kept my cool – and I didn’t confront him for a while until I figured out an approach that worked for me. So my best approach was to play with his mind. I started telling him about my “dreams” – little did he know my dreams were based on the voicemails from his phone! Yes I’m crazy for making him think my dreams were real! I would say things like, “you can’t believe what I dreamt about last night! That you were having an affair with a few girls and one of them is from Canada!” And I had fun getting manipulating his reactions! Fun!

Like I said, do not try this! I mean some of us prefer not to know, some of us trust our men, but the rest is screwed! I seldom get brave but when I do, I go all the way! J Some would call me crazy – but really I’m just smart. I can’t accuse him without evidence, and when I finally got evidence I could not get myself to tell him I was invading his privacy so the next best thing was to F with him! That way I had fun, and I slowly realized how NOT amazing he was.

Here’s the twisted part – we’re still Friends! And we often laugh about what happened in the past!

Sincerely,
I'ma-a-Diva from Seattle

1 comment:

  1. I've done this one time...lol. So wasn't me, but my ex was acting entirely to weird. I definitely agree that you have to have thick skin to do it otherwise you'll have your friends calling making sure you haven't hung yourself with the shower curtain rods. Here is my story: http://singleinatl.com/2008/06/16/vitamin-water/
    www.singleinatl.com

    ReplyDelete